Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not a whole lot going on at the moment. Waiting to find out if I have someone to cosign for my culinary school loan. Also heard from CUNY (sort of) about a job I applied for. Made it past the first cut, so I just have to wait and see what happens next. Both potentially positive developments.

On the cooking side of things, I was alone for a week, and I hate cooking for one, so I didn't do all that much. And of course, Dawn and Howie are transitioning from vacation mode to real world mode, so meals have been fairly simple.

I did however, pick up the ingredients for home fries a la Melt. As in, I'm going to attempt to make my own version of those fries. Think I'm going to make some fried chicken with it. I haven't attempted to fry chicken using a gluten-free batter, so I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I'm craving country food. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

That's it for now. I'll try to get back into the kitchen so I can update more.

No comments:

Post a Comment