Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gnocchi FAIL

I attempted to make gluten-free gnocchi today. Attempted being the key word. The just didn't hold up the way regular gonocchi does. It's one of the few times I actually did need a chemical stabilizer like xantham gum. I usually don't need it, so I don't keep it in the house, but it looks as though I found a use for it. The up side is that the flavors were delicious. Used some parmasean cheese and nutmeg to round out the taste of the gnocchi and made a quick and dirty homemade marinara sauce using leftover roasted chicken. Simple and tasty. And when I get a hold of xantham gum, gnocchi round 2 will commence.

1 comment:

  1. there have been so many times when i've enjoyed eating something but thought, thank goodness nobody was around to actually look at it!

    ReplyDelete