Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Orange Cookie Update

So I went back to that recipe for the orange cookies and this is what I came up with:

1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp orange zest

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine ingredients ina bowl and stir until smooth. On a greased cookie sheet drop about a tablespoon of batter. Allow about 3 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until outer edges are brown and rotate pan about halfway through to ensure even baking. Cool a minute more then transfer to wire cooling rack.

I'm still playing with it, but this batch turned out a lot better than the first batch. They're a bit thicker and bake more evenly, although they're a little more chewy than I hoped. The vanilla is also less powerful since I reduced that as well to allow the orange flavor to come through more. I hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment