Thursday, February 18, 2010

Take that Teddy Grahams

Store bought graham crackers are out. Homemade ones are in.

Ok, so I'll admit that's partly because I've had one hell of a time finding gluten free graham crackers in any store. All that searching got me so frustrated though, that I decided to make my own. I used Elissa from 17 and Baking's recipe. That girl is way talented and I've been dying to try one of her recipes. I was absolutely not disappointed with this one. I followed it exactly, only switching the 2 1/2 cups of gluten free flour base (Pamela's as always in my kitchen) for regular flour. Because of how sticky the dough was, I probably picked up another 1/4-1/3 cup of flour for dusting the table, the pin, and the dough.

These cookies came out sweet, light, and just like graham crackers should be. I intended to use them for a rose cream cheesecake, but not having access to a spring-form pan put a damper on that plan. Instead, I've been snacking on them as is. They bring back wonderful childhood nostalgia. I think they might be my favorite thing to make so far. Check back with me when I make that cheesecake, though. I have good feelings about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment