Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Low Key

Today was fairly low key. Since I'm still searching for a somewhat permanent job, I stuck around the house. Took my cousin's dog for a walk, which was an enjoyable activity for us both, although, she's not my pups. I'm starting to miss my little shadow terribly. I'm considering asking Ma to bring him with her when she comes to visit me.


Updated the resume and applied for a few jobs online. Nothing super sepctacular, but something to keep me occupied and to fund the mischief I'd like to get into. Also printed my application for culinary scholarships. Began putting together my packet. Now that I'm actually sitting down and doing it, I feel so much better. And so excited. Like it's really happening, or like it might really happen.





Sent Ma a bouquet of flowers. I wanted to send them early so she'd have the whole week to enjoy them and I wouldn't have to worry about fighting the Mother's Day rush. She called me to tell me she loved them. *Pat on the back for me*


Tentative plans with the boyfriend for this coming weekend. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to say "Want to hang out this weekend?" After a year of not being able to see him when I want, even that much is a big change.






The only downside so far is that it's rained pretty much the entire time I've been up here. I'm a huge fan of thunderstorms, and even the occasional refreshing rainstorm is pleasant enough, but a day of sunshine wouldn't go amiss right about now. Not so much because the rain is making me cranky, but it's such a juxtaposition (how's that for $5 vocab) to all the positive things going on in my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment