Monday, May 18, 2009

Playing Around

I had a craving for egg salad today. Not wanting to go to the trouble of making a huge batch, I decided to experiment with a recipe for one. I settled on the following:

4 large eggs
3 tsp mayonnaise
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dill
salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt to taste

Place eggs in a pot of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, then remove from heat, uncover, and let sit for 10 minutes. Crack the shells of the eggs and peel under cold, running water.

In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and spices. Chop the eggs into small pieces and add to bowl. Mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.

Over all, I thought it wasn't bad for operating on the fly. There's a tad too much lemon juice for my taste, so I think I may bring that down to 1/4 tsp or a dash of it. But otherwise, I think it's a success. And the best part? I don't have a pound of leftovers hanging around. Because you know, using a dozen eggs leaves you drowning in egg salad. I just wanted enough for a few sandwiches. Not bad for a first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment