Monday, November 16, 2009

A Beer Girl's Request

I love beer. Well, I loved beer before I had to give it up for my health. See here's the thing, sure there are gluten free beers on the market, and sure they're delicious, but I want more. The thing I loved about beer was the variety. I loved walking into a specialty beer shop and picking out a few to try. There's a beer to go with any meal just like there's a wine for any food. But now, I'm limited to a handful of choices, most of which are hard to find. This makes me a very sad girl, indeed.

So I have a challenge for those of you who brew beer. Play around with the gluten free grains, please? Sorghum's a good place to start, but there's a bunch of them out there. Experiment. I will happily try anything you make, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd love to see a bigger selection out there. Yes, there are meads and ciders, but it's just not the same. There's something about a cold beer that just can't be replicated from fruit and honey. Grain is the way to go. Please make a beer girl happy. Please

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about brewing your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about it, but home-brewing still doesn't open the market for a wider selection at pubs and stores. I'd have access, but no one else would, so it's not the solution I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete