Saturday, January 23, 2010

Farewell New York

As most of you know, my mom is currently battling breast cancer. We've finally reached that point in her treatment where I'm needed at home. It's a difficult decision, but I made it with love in my heart.

To everyone I've met along the way, thank you for your support and encouragement. My time here has been more enjoyable than I can begin to say. New York City, you are the most vibrant and welcoming place I have ever been. I will miss sharing my joy and my sadness with you. And I know that, when I'm ready, you will be here to welcome me back. I'll be sorry to leave my kitchen and the kind people of Grand Central Neighborhood and the wonderful staff of Giorgio's. I'll miss late nights in Brooklyn. I'll even miss the subway.

I'll keep baking, and writing regardless, but I wanted to say my goodbyes to the city and the people that have made the past four months so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment